On Saturday, November 1st, Megan Pieto (12th Grade), and Alexandra Adams (10th Grade), performed as members of the 2014 Honors Chorus at Westminster College under the direction of Dr. Ryan Beeken, the Director of Choirs at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. All of the students participated in very rigorous rehearsals and the concert that they gave was nothing less than outstanding and a complete reflection of their efforts and talent! Bravo to our South Side stars!
Please join our SS PTO on Facebook. Join HERE.
Click here for homework help sites.
A reminder that parents/guardians of high school students should access the "MMS Parent Portal" to keep up with their students’ grades and attendance. To access the portal, follow these easy steps:
- Click on “Resources and Email” on the left side of the main page.
- In the drop-down box that appears, click “Parent Resources”.
- Look for “School-Related Links” in the middle of the page and click “MMS Parent Portal”.
- Click where it says “click here to activate your account”.
- Enter the appropriate information. You will need to know student ID numbers.
- A password will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you submitted to the high school office. You will then be able to access the portal.
- If you experience any problems accessing the portal, please contact Mrs. Elliott at the high school main office, 724-573-9581.
Students can also access their grades in the "MMS Student Portal" by clicking on “Resources and Email” on the left side of the main page, then "Student Resources", and then following the appropriate login procedures. Students experiencing difficulties with the login procedure should contact the MMS Administrator, Mrs. Hickman.
Visit http://mah.quantiles.com/ for access to math lessons and tutorials.
Visit http://lexile.com/fab/ to search for book recommendations to sharpen your reading skills.
Visit http://www.khanacademy.org/ for a wide variety of video tutorials in many different subjects.